The last few months we have seen people from all walks of life and from different parts of the country respond with exceptional generosity to help the victims of hurricanes, fires and unimaginable violence. These pleas have come from high profile events with celebrities and leaders making heart-felt appeals for support.
For many organizations it feels hard to compete and remind donors of how important and urgent your mission still is. During these final months of 2017 it will take hard work, creativity and planning to make the most of the giving season and you will need to wake them up from the “turkey and fixings” coma from the previous week.
Here are some things to remember:
- Your donors are already your best prospects. Hone your #GivingTuesday and end of year giving messages to highlight how your donors continue to make a difference for your community through the support of your work.
- Start promoting Giving Tuesday now – make it exciting and significant.
- Make your giving day an event that brings your supporters and the people you serve together and provides on-site giving opportunities.
- Include #GivingTuesday in your end of the year solicitations and do the work of segmenting your list to ask for increased gifts.
- Use social media to thank current supporters often by posting impact and results.
For more information on how to take full advantage of Giving Tuesday, download the Giving Tuesday Toolkit: