If you want real information from your “feasibility” study, so that you can make informed and strategic campaign decisions, then the Alexander Haas Campaign Strategy Study is for you. We have moved beyond the old feasibility study model and created a six-phased process that evaluates your organization’s readiness — externally and internally — to successfully conduct a campaign. The Campaign Strategy Study was developed to expand on the traditional “feasibility study” to ensure that an organization is prepared to successfully execute a campaign at the highest possible level. The Study looks not only at the likely contributions from your top donors, but also assesses the giving capacity of your entire constituency base through our Constituency Capacity Analysis. In addition, we conduct a web-based survey to gather feedback from a broader cross section of your stakeholders, for marketing the campaign and to give us an element of “interest and buy-in” that we can overlay on the Capacity Analysis. The Alexander Haas Study goes beyond simply determining if a campaign is “feasible” by providing strategies and specific actions that should be implemented in order for the campaign to not only succeed, but also to be a great experience for your volunteers, staff, and donors.
Campaign Feasibility Studies
The main characteristics that differentiate a strategy study from a traditional feasibility study are:
- The report’s emphasis on providing concrete and specific recommendations for action, so that the campaign can get underway with positive early momentum;
- Alexander Haas does not position the study interviews as confidential. All too often we have found that counsel conducts these type of interviews under the promise of confidentiality, only to violate that promise by either overtly or covertly sharing the content of the conversation. We don’t feel that your donors should be treated in this way. Therefore, we are clear with interviewees from the onset that we are collecting information, which we may share as appropriate, so that sound decisions can be made. We believe our credibility and yours are at stake in how information is gathered and used.
Campaign Feasibility Study – A Six-Phased Process
There are six phases of the Campaign Strategy Study, all of which are equally important in determining how prepared your institution is to launch a campaign.
- Phase I
Determining Internal Campaign Readiness
- Phase II
Developing the Case Summary/Campaign Prospectus
- Phase III
Engaging Your Volunteers in the Campaign Strategy Study
- Phase IV
Discussions with Your Prospects: The Study Interviews and Web-based Survey
- Phase V
Assessing Your Constituency: Constituency Capacity Analysis
- Phase VI
Results: Recommendations for Action to Undertake the Campaign
What Will Be The Focus Of The Study?
The Campaign Strategy Study will focus on the following three major areas, which are basic to the success of any campaign:
Case for Support
- What will be the most compelling components of the campaign?
- What are the needs? Are the financial objectives commensurate with those needs?
- How will the campaign enable your institution to better serve your constituency?
- What will be the most persuasive presentation?
- Are volunteer leaders sufficiently committed to lead the way in attracting funds — both by example and by enlisting the help of volunteers?
- Which individuals are best qualified to undertake specific campaign leadership responsibilities?
- Is top leadership available?
- How are they to be recruited?
- What are the major sources of philanthropic funds — individuals, foundations, corporations — for the campaign?
- Are there sources for a challenge gift?
- What is the approximate amount of funds that can be raised from the top ten prospects?
- What is the giving potential of your constituency and how engaged are they with your organization and the campaign objectives?
- What is the highest achievable goal and how do you get there?
- Most importantly, what are your immediate, specific next steps?
How Long Will The Process Take?
The Campaign Strategy Study process generally requires 10 to 16 weeks, depending upon the following factors:
- How much information the organization has already gathered about the objectives of the campaign and the associated costs.
- How many interviews are to be conducted and what is the availability of those interviewees.
Benchmarks For Success
The Alexander Haas Campaign Strategy Study is an outside, objective analysis that reveals facts, attitudes and perceptions that may not be readily available to those within the institution. The Study will provide you with an overview of the feedback we receive from interviewees, as well as the identification of the top 10 projected gifts, and a range of gifts table for the balance of the campaign that is rooted in the real capacity of your donor base. Our report will focus on providing recommendations and critical information to help you make important decisions and strategize effectively for a campaign — to determine the goals, presentation of the case, schedule, organization, leadership and, most important, outline a specific plan of action.
Campaign Feasibility Study Consultant – Why Choose Alexander Haas
All of our Studies are conducted by our Partners and are subjected to the rigors of peer review by fellow Alexander Haas Partners. This ensures each Study meets our high standards. In addition, you receive a financial analysis of the goal that is recommended, based on real potential gifts — not our “gut feeling”. This includes specific identification of the top ten gift possibilities and constitutes the basis for the recommended goal. We also work in different sectors including: Church, School, University, Theater, Symphony, Opera, Ballet, College, and more.
Additional Areas Of Focus:
- Fundraising feasibility study
- School capital campaign feasibility study
- Symphony capital campaign feasibility study
- Theater capital campaign feasibility study
- University capital campaign feasibility study
- Opera capital campaign feasibility study
- College capital campaign feasibility study
- Ballet capital campaign feasibility study
What Are Capital Campaign Feasibility Studies?
These Studies are called “capital campaign feasibility studies” for a reason — they provide you with a strategy to initiate the campaign, not just an opinion on the “feasibility” of undertaking a campaign and because we conduct our interviews with your donors in an open and honest way, we are free to share with you the facts as to how and why we came to our conclusions and recommendations.