Alexander Haas is dedicated to helping organizations build strong advancement programs to meet both immediate and long-term objectives. Fundraising assessments are often the first important step in the preparation for major challenges, such as new leadership, a changing organization, changing technology or reaching a fundraising plateau. Our fundraising impact assessment will provide you with an objective analysis of your current fundraising program and internal readiness to meet new challenges and grow your program.
Fundraising Needs Assessment and Capital Campaign Assessment – What Will We Do For You?
- Conduct a series (usually ten to 15) of interviews with key personnel within the development area, senior staff and, if appropriate, key volunteers.
- Examine selected documents of your fundraising program, such as campaign plans and yearly giving comparisons. etc.
- Evaluate your data management system and its utilization and analyze the records and research process, including prospect tracking, gift-recording procedures and prospect-research activities.
- Evaluate the organizational structure and personnel resources for maximum fundraising effectiveness.
- Assess the attitudes, morale, and communication flow related to development within the staff and with volunteers and other departments.
- Evaluate the marketing efforts of institutional advancement, including publications/printed materials and direct marketing efforts (telephone, direct mail, person-to-person marketing) as well as your email appeals and online giving.
- Perform an online influence audit to provide an overview of your organization’s current strengths and weaknesses in organic search and reach and engagement in social media.
- Examine past fundraising effectiveness in each of the major areas (planned, capital, annual, special events) and the recognition and support programs associated with each area.
- Address other issues that inevitably surface during the study process.
- Prepare and present a report of your fundraising strengths and challenges along with specific recommendations for capitalizing on those strengths, addressing the challenges and specific “next steps” to best meet your objectives.
Who Will Work with You?
One of our Partners will be directly involved as your Study Director to conduct the interviews, research your background materials and information, and analyze your unique situation. The report and recommendations will be peer-reviewed by the principals of the firm, assuring you of their collective experience and insights.
What’s the Main Benefit for You?
An outside, objective analysis of your organization’s fundraising strengths and challenges is valuable. But such a list, valuable as it is, is merely a list. Therefore, we focus on specific recommendations to overcome your operation’s challenges and capitalize on your strengths. These recommendations provide you with an outline for an immediate and long-range plan of action — and the most effective strategies for success for your institution. We are proud to report that the majority of our clients have put our study recommendations into immediate action—for immediate results.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- capital campaign readiness assessment
- data assessments for capital campaigns
- nonprofit fundraising assessment
- board fundraising culture assessment
- fundraising capacity assessment
- fundraising event assessment
- fundraising event risk assessment
- assess your network before launching a fundraiser